Monday, October 25, 2010

WFMU Record Fair Finds

SRC - Milestones
Detroit, 69, their second record. Their first release is their best, but their first two are solid records and not too easy to come by. This was the hit from their first album.

Second record gets more of a prog lean.

Another find worth sharing is the Paul Clark Songs from the Savior LP from 1975. I always want to find the good private press christian folk, acidy, oddball records (cause they're often overlooked and cheap), but am never sure what will be good and what will be just like the rest of them. This I got really cheap, and it is a solid soft rock record with fun backwards guitar and neil young vocals. Can't find youtube from this record, but one of his later records is here, and it kinda gets at the idea. Yacht rock + baby jesus = good used record.

I also picked up a good Wild Man Fischer record, Bukka White's Sky Songs, which Elijah got to before me when we went to the record store in redwood city, Albery Ayler's Love Cry, and an Eddie Hinton album I'm really into.

1 comment:

  1. kinda dig that paul clark... reminds me of something soft and '70s-ey... can't put my finger on it tho. there are distinct echoes of billy joel in that melody but there's obv more to the story haha.

    dling the src, too

    ReplyDelete