Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Happy Halloween... BITCHES



DUDE. I know I talk a lot about Resident Advisor mixes, and really I have to give props to Jimmy for alerting me to the presence of both this mix and the Scott Grooves one I posted a week or so ago, but DAMNS. They are on a serious roll. This week, for the special spooky Halloween edition of the RA Podcast they got frickin ALAN HOWARTH to put together a few tunes from his heyday of making amazing soundtracks to your favorite horror films of the '80s and '90s, along with frequent collaborator JOHN CARPENTER. This is the real deal, as they say, and most of my favorite JC jams are here and accounted for. I don't think I should have to sell you dudes too much on this stuff... synthy, tense, dramatic, repetitive compositional amazingness is contained in these here megabytes... dl soon or forever hold your peace.

Alan Howarth RA Podcast

3 comments:

  1. I was listening to Jimmy listen to this last night. My halloween mixes usually involve ICP, but this was aight i guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya i really wanted to be a juggalo for halloween but unfortunately i hate makeup. maybe there are shaggy2dope masks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, RA podcasts rule. I've been subscribing since the rubntug mix last spring. Not into every one, but these last few have been really fun

    ReplyDelete